the sisters on Maui

the sisters on Maui

Monday, May 19, 2014

WEEK 51- Sister Oh

well this week was transfer week, so Sister Richardson left to go back to the visitor center. And I got my new companion, Sister Oh from Korea! SHE IS SO FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love her so much! She is so positive and optimistic and so so so sweet! She has really good English, and she has only been out for 9 months! I did have to teach her what the word "ghetto" meant. haha.

We are having so much fun together! we are doing our best to talk to everyone and just share a little bit about what we love. This gospel has brought us so much happiness and we just want to share that with everyone!

It was so wonderful to be able to skype home!!!!! It was weird though too!!! It was like I was back home for a second then we ended the call and I was like "oh, right I'm still in Hawaii" haha. We looked over our planner for next week though and we are super excited for what we have planned. That helped us to focus back on the work here. But it was great to see and talk to the family!! it gave us a great boost of love and happiness :)
 
Oh, and I forgot to mention the little miracle last week! I was thinking about how long it had been since I had homemade chocolate chip cookies. I started to really really want chocolate chip cookies and for a few days I was hoping that someone would have them for dessert, but it didn't work out that way. But then, we checked the mail and BAM!!!!!!! a package from the Allens.....and I was like "it's not Christmas......what is this special parcel?" and guess what? it was homemade chocolate chip cookies!!!!!! MIRACLE!!!!!!! haha so basically I just wanted to let the Allen family know that the cookies were heaven sent! and they tasted ONO! super super good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!
 

We have an awesome district here. and an awesome district leader.... and awesome sister training leaders......and awesome zone leaders!!!!!!!!!!! we just have a great zone! We love it here in Mililani! We are having an easier time getting on to military bases now.... they're like "oh its the church people, let them in:) "

This week has just been so much fun. We are loving this work. There is just a special feeling about sharing this gospel!

Love you all!
-Love, Sister Hodgson

No comments:

Post a Comment