the sisters on Maui

the sisters on Maui

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Week 50- Transfers and "I'll pray for you"


Matthew is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness!!! that's crazy!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to talk to him and mommy and daddy and becca on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, this week Sister Richardson got sick:( like not just VOG sick, but throw up sick too. She told me on Saturday morning that she had been sick last night and had tried to wake me up. She said she shook me and was like "Sister Hodgson I am so sick." and she said that I told her "Aww, I'll pray for you" then rolled over and kept sleeping!!!! I didn't even wake up. I have no memory of that. But I felt so bad!! I was like "I'm so sorry"........motherly instincts FAIL!

So we have spent alot of time in our little apartment :)
Saturday, we had a lot of appointments set up, so the sister trainers came and helped us out. One stayed home with sister Richardson, and the other came out with me and went to all of our appointments. We teach English in a beautiful little Filipino village  . We work with the Filipino Elders.
 
 It was fun. Then at night, Sister Richardson and I stayed home and started a giant puzzle with a bunch of turtles on it. That's what missionaries do when they are sick, in case anyone was wondering.

She felt well enough to come to the first hour of church but then we had to go back home again. We made it to the dinner appointment that night, but that was it. Luckily, she seems to be doing a lot better this morning!

We got transfer news! I am staying here in Wahiawa. My new companion will be Sister Oh from Korea! She is also from the visitor's center! It will be fun to get to know her.
 
We

You know you're in Hawaii when [Continued] :
- There are no sidewalks in residential areas! you park on people's front lawns.....ya weird!
-When you want a "salad" you have to specify "green salad"....salad usually means mac salad or potato salad.
-guys go shopping without shirts on and nobody stops them
-the normal speed limit is 30 mph
-every kid you see has a kendama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or two....or nine........they're everywhere!!!!!!!
(http://shop.kendamausa.com/?gclid=CMagyJ__mb4CFedj7AodyC8AbQ  for those that have no idea what that was like mama)

Love,
Sister Hodgson

No comments:

Post a Comment