the sisters on Maui

the sisters on Maui

Monday, December 1, 2014

WEEK 80- Endings and beginnings



ALOHA! well, I guess this is my last email from Hawaii. This is so surreal! I am so sad to be leaving these beautiful islands and these wonderful people. I am sad that my time as a missionary has come to an end, but I am SO excited to see my family!!!!!!

We had a great last week. We talked to a lot of people and were able to share what we love and invite them to come unto Christ. We also had the opportunity last night to sing with the other missionaries in the zone for a musical fireside. It was such a great way to spend our last Sunday. Also, Sunday morning in church the ward sang aloha oi at the end of sacrament meeting. This has been a great and emotional week.

Today we went to a Hawaiian museum. It was really neat to learn a little more about the culture before I come home.









 So this is the run down for the next few days for mom : Tomorrow- packing and packing.....and a little more packing. Visit a few people and teach a few lessons. Then Wednesday, I go to Honolulu at 8:00am then everyone sings aloha oi one more time. Then we head off to the swap meet and buy a bunch of souvenirs. Then we go to a temple session. Then the rest of the day we spend at the Polynesian cultural center. Thursday morning, we have a testimony meeting then go to Pearl Harbor for a tour of the Arizona. After that we have some time to repack bags and then we go to the airport. At 7:00 we can say goodbye to any friends that have come to the airport. My ward mission leader and his wife from my first area are coming to say goodbye. Then we get on the flight at 9:00pm Hawaii time:) SO CRAZY! but I will be flying with a bunch of good friends from the mission. Then I land and see my family!!!!!

Our mission motto here is "We are grateful to be in the Hawaii Honolulu mission. The ALOHA mission. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is our message. Love of God and others is our motivation and Obedience to the commandments and mission rules is our strength. By sharing the gospel with others we can give them the HA- the breath of Life, even eternal life. ALOHA!"

I really am so grateful to be serving here in this wonderful place and with these wonderful people. I love my mission. And I love what Heavenly Father has taught me here. As I thought about my mission here in Hawaii coming to an end, a familiar scripture came to my mind: Doctrine and covenants section 4, verse 3, "Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work". And a warm feeling filled my heart as I realized that my mission is just beginning. I will always serve my God- whether or not I get to wear a name tag. Yes, certainly, serving as a full time missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints is a wonderful and sacred opportunity, but now I am called to continue my service for the Lord- just in other ways.

I don't even know how to express how grateful that I am for the opportunity I've had to serve a mission.  These memories will always be treasures to me. I have learned so much over this year and a half. I have felt so strongly of Heavenly Fathers love for me and for all of His children. I have come to know for myself with every part of my soul that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and that He lives. I know it. I know that this is His church, and that as we live the gospel of Jesus Christ we will find joy and peace, now and forever.

Maika'i ke akua and Aloha Nui Loa.  ( God be with  you and I love you forever)

Love, Sister Hodgson

No comments:

Post a Comment