the sisters on Maui

the sisters on Maui

Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 57- Luggage taxi and my future husband's shirt






so they say that for every drop of rain that falls on your missionary name tag, your future spouse gets more attractive----hence my gratitude for serving in Waimea and Mililani- some of the wettest places in the mission haha. But in all seriousness, I would much rather work in the rain than in the sun. it can get HOT here! I feel like a little raisin....i'm tanning into a crisp! #awkwardmissionarytanlines (do people even use hashtags anymore? haha)


Well, this week on Wednesday morning, we woke up at 4:00, and picked up the other sisters. We dropped one off at the airport, then drove to Honolulu where the other sister met up with her new companion. Then all the elders in our zone filled up our car with luggage...................It was LOADED with luggage! like STUFFED!!!! okay not that full, but close! it had a lot. (all the other cars had 4 or 5 elders in them so we were the luggage taxi). We followed our zone leaders around to a few different pads and dropped off everyone's luggage. then we got back home and officially started the transfer. 

Here on the islands you can ride in the back of trucks legally...I love this


 



On Thursday we set goals for the transfer ,that is always fun! We taught a lot of people today. Teaching is one of my favorite parts of missionary work. We don't just recite a script- we really do our best to share what we know to be true and understand their concerns and feelings. And we cannot teach, unless we have the spirit! We, as 20 year old girls, don't have the ability to help people to change their lives in this big of a way. But Heavenly Father loves the people that we teach SO much and He will help us to show them His love and His plan. Only then can people make these lasting changes in their lives.

My favorite part of Saturday, was when we saw this old guy with a cut-off- sleeve shirt. Not just your average cut off, but like he cut off the sleeves and a part of the shirt haha. Sister Oh was like "did his shirt come like that?" I explained that people buy t-shirts and cut off the sleeves, and that's how you get that kind of shirt. She told me "if my husband wear that kind of shirt I will be like 'no' and when he is sleeping I will throw it away." she is so cute!!!!!!!!!

 We were excited to get our "Sister Training papers"......I guess we will figure out what that means...hahah

love you guys,
Sister Hodgson



No comments:

Post a Comment